Sunday 25 July 2010

Journey to the Great Wall of China

One of the best journey I ever had in my life was my walk on the Great Wall of China during my first visit to Beijing in May, 2009. The first picture above is the way to access to one of the stations of the great wall. It took us around 30 minutes to get there from the base.
The second picture shows how exciting it was in our first hour of our more than six hours of walk back-and-forth from the very start. The energy was still very high as you can see me here fly. Oh, what a nice rhym! I was wearing three clothes at the start for it was very cold.
This third picture is one of the other beautiful spot to take a picture because if you turn around and the cameran is also at the top on your level - at your back, you can see the beautiful scenery down at the back.

However, it's one of the riskier postions for if you slip your feet, you will surely die. So you must be very careful at all times.

The next picture below, is looking at our unseeable direction yet to go due to the heavy fogs at that very moment. As the time goes by, the fogs were getting thinner as the sunshines getting hotter. This image was after about two hours of walk from the initial station we had entered to.

At the beginning, I thought we were already near to the last station. I thought the station I saw, as you also see here in this picture, was the last one. But, I as we patiently continuing our walks, another stations appear one-by-one as we were getting close to one of it. Now, after about three hours of continue walk, and stop only when

taking pictures, I already had felt some pains not only on my feet, but also on my shoulders.

This time I had regreted not listening to one of my colleagues' (Mr. Sombat) suggestion to leave my things in the car we had rented. I had the second thought then, but nothing could be done.

In this picture we already had an idea of when our half of the journey would end. When we asked people where's the last station, they pointed it to us, and it could seen this time as the fogs had became so thin. However, it's still about seven to eight stations away from here.

This is the other picture where I was so scared when it was taken. As I was already tired of walking, I din't have too much confidence on my feet to hold my weight very well. Only one wrong move, could bring anyone down and kill him. But, I had pretended I was not so scared for all of my two colleagues had already taken their pictures.

Because of pride, I also had this picture taken, and thanks God, all of us were okay. Then we continued our long hours of walk, and this time, we're very closed to the last station - four stations away.

By the way, just click any of the pictures to enlarge it to have a better view of it. Also, the last station means, the last station allowed.

So, there are still so many stations ahead, but for security and safety reasons, people were not allowed to go on farther from this station. When I had checked it briefly, it's so rough and already badly damaged and not easy to climb up with.

In these three remaining pictures below, our journey to the last

station allowed had finally ended. After taking some pictures at the last staion, we slowly moved down to begin our journey back to the station of the great wall we first had entered.

While slowly moving down on this most difficult stair way (about 60 degree), I questioned myself "Why people -including myself- risk themselves into having this kind of adventure in life.

Later on, after a year, I had realized the good things about that journey and I considered it as one of the most beautiful gifts God has given me. This was the first Wonder of the World I had visited. The other one was in Egypt, a month later.

More to go, and I am still figuring out and waiting again for God's another gifts to visit the remaining wonders of the world.

My prayer is that someday, God willing, my family, will be with me in my other journeys to the other remaining wonders of the world.

This is very expensive, but as sons and daughters of the Most High, I hope, trust and believe without any doubt, that this dream will come true someday.

It's His great promise and great plan to prosper us and not to harm us, and therefore, to allow us to enjoy all the good things in this world He had created for us.
Now, after learning and knowing more and more about Him, I am also experiencing His faithfulness to His promises. It's all a matter of following His commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment